Thursday, March 29, 2012

Time To Get Manly 60: Joe Jackson - Look Sharp!

I randomly ran across a list of what Esquire magazine claims are "The 75 Albums Every Man Should Own." In this series of posts, I'll explore these manly, manly sounds.



Joe Jackson - Look Sharp!

Do you think people, in general, are willfully ignorant sheep? Are you frustrated by the injustices, pain and all around absurdities of love and relationships? Do you use caustic sarcasm and wry observation to wall off your real vulnerability from those around you? Can you pull off these shoes? If you answered yes to all four questions, there are two things you should know. The first is, get yourself a copy of Look Sharp! immediately. The second is in your dreams could you pull off those shoes.



2 comments:

Allison said...

I like Joe Jackson, but I also find him cringy. His songs can be good, and sometimes I relate to the lyrics, but oftentimes I will make a wtf-face.

Also, the shoes are top-notch. I've been on the hunt for a pair like that forever, but haven't found ones that fit yet (men's sizes...). BTW, the photo is inverted; in real life the shoes were black and the pants were white.

(Laura) said...

Interesting that you should comment since you're probably the ONLY person who actually COULD pull off those shoes. ;)

Blog Archive