Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Time To Get Manly 19: Kiss - Destroyer

I randomly ran across a list of what Esquire magazine claims are "The 75 Albums Every Man Should Own." In this series of posts, I'll explore these manly, manly sounds.



Kiss - Destroyer

Blech. I knew that I was going to have to listen to this record, and I did try to keep an open mind. But as much as I totally get why Kiss is huge, I just can't relate. "God of Thunder?" Are you guys serious right now? Maybe Kiss is the musical equivalent of the Three Stooges - something only guys truly enjoy. Or maybe I just feel threatened in some way by the fact that every member of Kiss has worn more make-up and higher heels than I ever will. Also, no matter how much it secretly touches your big man-heart, don't ever put "Beth" on a mixtape for a girl. Just don't.


No comments:

Blog Archive