Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Time To Get Manly 26: Bob Dylan - Blood On the Tracks

I randomly ran across a list of what Esquire magazine claims are "The 75 Albums Every Man Should Own." In this series of posts, I'll explore these manly, manly sounds.



Bob Dylan - Blood On the Tracks

I know you're not going to be happy about this, but I've never been able to get into Bob Dylan. I know, I know he's one of the most important people in rock n' roll history and I respect and appreciate that. But I have a very strong aversion to the harmonica, and this aversion obviously makes it hard for me to truly enjoy a large portion of Dylan's work. That said, Blood On the Tracks really gets to me because I have a weakness for confessional pain and sadness. It doesn't matter if these songs came about from Dylan's own life experience or not - Blood On the Tracks is confessional pain and sadness at its best.

No comments:

Blog Archive