Monday, March 26, 2012

Time To Get Manly 46: Pink Floyd - Animals

I randomly ran across a list of what Esquire magazine claims are "The 75 Albums Every Man Should Own." In this series of posts, I'll explore these manly, manly sounds.



Pink Floyd - Animals

I'm not saying you can't listen to Pink Floyd's Animals sober, but considering the sprawling scope of this Orwell-inspired take down of the capitalist machine, I can't imagine Roger Waters ever considered anybody would. I'm surprised the record didn't come complete with a "build your own pig shaped bong" kit. Animals was released in between Wish You Were Here and The Wall. If you like both those records and are trying to get the attention of a girl who lists Animal Farm as her favorite book, you could do a whole lot worse.

No comments:

Blog Archive