Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Time To Get Manly 20: Radiohead - The Bends

I randomly ran across a list of what Esquire magazine claims are "The 75 Albums Every Man Should Own." In this series of posts, I'll explore these manly, manly sounds.




Radiohead - The Bends

There's really not a whole lot I can say about Radiohead that hasn't been said a million time before. Aside from the fact that I personally find them totally boring. Yes, I know you love them, I know you have Thom Yorke on your list of "one and only men I'd gay marry" and you think I'm insane. Totally ok. I've come to terms with that. Esquire's description of The Bends as "just the right doses of good and weird in equal measure and at once" is true so much as The Bends is the band's most easily digestible album. I'm just thankful I didn't have to listen to Kid A.

1 comment:

Gorilla said...

This album is virtually all anthems. Soaring, big chorus ascending chords. Probably John Leckie's best work.

Blog Archive