Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Time To Get Manly 47: Pixies - Doolittle

I randomly ran across a list of what Esquire magazine claims are "The 75 Albums Every Man Should Own." In this series of posts, I'll explore these manly, manly sounds.



Pixies - Doolittle

I worshipped the Pixies in my formative years, and Doolittle was my Old Testament. Like a devoted disciple, I spent many (pre-Internet) days trying to decipher the lyrics to darkly obtuse songs like "Debaser" and "Dead" and diligently scribbling my findings into the margins of spiral Mead notebooks. Which is probably why my parents worried about my mental state. But you don't have to be an obsessive, sexually confused teenage girl to love Doolittle. You just have to like a healthy dose of obtuse violence and depravity mixed into your perfect pop songs.





No comments:

Blog Archive