Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Time To Get Manly 25: Ennio Morricone - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

I randomly ran across a list of what Esquire magazine claims are "The 75 Albums Every Man Should Own." In this series of posts, I'll explore these manly, manly sounds.




Ennio Morricone - The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Ah, the "Spaghetti Western." A whole genre that is one tumbleweed-filled sausage fest. Even if you don't think you know this soundtrack, I promise you do. Six seconds into the first song, you'll immediately recognize the main theme. The good: These six seconds give you a feel for the entire rest of the soundtrack. The bad: These six seconds give you a feel for the entire rest of the soundtrack. The ugly: I'm not entirely sure, but I have a feeling that it involves you foolishly trying to get your girlfriend to like this movie or (worse) this album as a stand alone piece of music.

No comments:

Blog Archive