Thursday, April 5, 2012

Time To Get Manly 75: Jeff Buckley - Grace

I randomly ran across a list of what Esquire magazine claims are "The 75 Albums Every Man Should Own." In this series of posts, I'll explore these manly, manly sounds.



Jeff Buckley - Grace

Jeff Buckley's untimely and shocking demise left a lot of music fans heartbroken. It also meant that his debut album Grace would be his only studio album. Too young! Too soon! I get that. I won't deny his talent and can see why people love him. However, I can't help but feel like holding Grace up as some kind of classic masterpiece isn't more a psychological reaction to his tragic death and the fact that he's holding an old-timey microphone on the album's cover. Sure the songs are good, but by all accounts they sound very dated. Plus wading into a river to go swimming by yourself with all your clothes on isn't manly. It's stupid.







No comments:

Blog Archive