Friday, February 10, 2012

"I hope you are in a nice hotel playing cards in your room."



Using the powers of Facebook, Lambchop just told me to listen to this song because Tony Crow, one of the guys from Lambchop, is half responsible for it. Since I would do just about anything that Kurt Wagner (or whoever the admin of his band's Facebook page) tells me, I went ahead and listened. This despite the fact the description said the other guy half responsible for this, Mark Nevers is in the band Yuck. I have been told by like, a million people that I should like Yuck so much. But instead, though I don't actively dislike them, I find myself not able to care about them at all. BUT! This song! It may be a cover, but I have only listened to the Porcelain Raft record a couple of times so I am in no way familiar enough with the original for this to really feel like a cover, you know? It's really beautiful. I'm now checking out some of Mark Nevers' other Oupa songs and I'm really liking it. A lot. Are you at least half satisfied now Yuck fans?


You can buy this too - a limited number (300) hand stamped white vinyl 7" record. Mmmm...


Also! Don't forget! Lambchop's new record comes out February 21st on Merge AND they're coming to The Ark in Ann Arbor on April 23rd! Are you peeing your pants with excitement? Also I am.



No comments:

Blog Archive