That line has been going through my head a lot these days. With the world going to hell and the Gulf Coast being swallowed by the most massive oil spill ever and stuff, things are pretty fucking real. The line is from "Feeling Oblivion," which is one of my favorite songs. It is by Turin Brakes. They're from London. They're playing the Pike Room on Wednesday. I just talked to one of 'em briefly for the Metro Times Music Blahg. Read that here. The show will be a good distraction from the world at large. I am very much looking forward to it.
Here's the song in question, set to footage some guy took from a plane? Enjoy:
- ► 2013 (21)
- ► 2012 (152)
- ► 2011 (61)
- If your house wasn't robbed, go have FUN this week...
- Put a bright orange dot on yr guitar
- Closer to FINE tonight!
- "I'm hot, and you're not. So if you wanna get with...
- "If things get real, promise to take me somewhere ...
- Wonder Twins: Modernlull, Pink Lightning, Ghost He...
- Thanks for NOTHING Eddie Vedder
- Rock your smoke free brains out!
- ▼ May (8)
- ► 2009 (107)