Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wonder Twins: Michigan Renaissance Festival

Wonder Twins two weeks in a row? Is this real life? Of course it is. We will now resume our regularly scheduled every-other-week slot, but not before we regale you with the tale of our trek out to Holly for the Michigan Renaissance Festival. Which, to be honest, I wasn’t looking forward to. BUT, I can report, was actually kind of fun! I especially liked how on the way there we saw two liquor stores on Dixie Highway with banners that read “Welcome Renaissance Festival patrons!” Very smart of them to realize that some people might get within a couple miles before they suddenly realize, “Oh my god, I’m sober.” And we all know the alcohol at the Festival is not sold for medieval prices. Good luck sneaking it in your tights.

4 comments:

Jasper said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF3FoCM6TR0

(Laura) said...

Wow. This commercial is the worst. Sometimes I wonder what it must've been like in the executive decision making process for various ads or commercials. Like, somebody APPROVED the original concept of this? And then you guys went ahead and spent MONEY on it to make it a REALITY? Not to mention, a person with credit problems should really steer clear of such places seeing as every time you turn around there's another opportunity to waste lots and lots of money. No impulse control and bad taste = stay away from the Ren Fest.

Jasper said...

Oh, so you're not familiar with this band?

http://www.freecreditreportband.com/lyrics/

(Laura) said...

Correct - I am not familiar. Am I supposed to be? Is it Taylor Swift? Because one of my sisters just yesterday couldn't believe I didn't know any of her (not "his" apparently) songs.

Blog Archive