Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wonder Twins: Fucking Awesome Fest

So, Fucking Awesome Fest, remember that? This week’s Wonder Twins attempts to tackle four days of music mixed with a healthy dose of chaos and disorder in one column. Which is of course an impossible task. Even without the handicap of word count, it would’ve been unfeasible for us to cover everything that happened over those four days. Even with super powers. So needless to say some highlights got edited out, so I want to give those bands shout-outs here. There were great sets by bands I already knew I liked, such as Pop Project, Silverghost and Croff Family Band, but we saw several bands we hadn’t managed to see before the fest. These included: Marco Polio & the New Vaccines, The Displays, Pizazz, Lee Marvin Computer Arm (who D’Anne kept calling, Marvin Arm Computer Hand) and Mazinga (whoa). Some of these were already on my “I need to see them someday” list, and some hadn’t really been on my radar yet. All of these will be added to my, “I should see a proper show by this band soon” list. Oh - for some pics, check the Metro Times Music Blahg - Jamie had her camera and a few of her shots are posted for your viewing delight.


Despite not drinking at all during this event, I still don’t feel fully recovered. Mostly I’m not emotionally recovered – four days of sensory overload can make a girl anxious and reclusive. So instead of going to see Drug Rug tonight at the Pike Room, I’m staying home. Again. But if you’re considering a show – overlook the stupidity of the name Drug Rug and go to Pontiac tonight.

No comments:

Blog Archive