Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Wonder Twins Review: “Rock Stars’ Cars & Guitars” at The Henry Ford
The Metro Times that hits the streets (and internet) this very day has the latest Wonder Twins column. This week, we take you into the crazy world of excess and shameless display that is the motoring habits and instrumentation choices of famous makers of music. I figured this exhibit (running now through Sept 7) would be interesting, but I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it, and was overly impressed with the Henry Ford. Henry Ford was a visionary – a crazy, racist visionary – but the museum that shares his name deserves your support and patronage. As do all the cultural institutions of metro-Detroit this summer… Unlike Cobo Hall, they really are precious jewels.
- ► 2012 (152)
- ► 2011 (61)
- ► 2010 (100)
- Biking through the Randy Rainbow Nation
- Record Review: Deastro
- Record Review: Sonic Youth
- Music Writing: The Prime Ministers
- Wonder Twins Review: “Rock Stars’ Cars & Guitars” ...
- Shows for the week
- "A victim of a terrible accident"
- Record Review: Scott Walker 30 Century Man: Music ...
- Wonder Twins Review: GoComedy! Improv Theater in F...
- My letter to Trans World Entertainment
- ▼ June (10)