So 4th of July week – so busy, right? You’re all gearing up for Cityfest I’m sure… But you know what’s gonna make Cityfest even more awesome? Bike Valet!! Wheelhouse Detroit will be offering free bike parking during the event. Bike Valet will be offered during event hours which are 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m Wednesday through Saturday and 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday. The lot is located Cass and Grand Boulevard, as shown on the festival map (bike corral). So let’s ride bikes! Who’s with me? I am so excited that I’m italicizing left and right! Whoa.
So your Wednesday through Sunday “Proud-To-Be-An-American” plans are taken care of, but real Americans will get things started tomorrow night at the Magic Stick with the Sik Sik Nation, Deastro, Black Moth Super Rainbow show. This is a show for True Patriots. How do I know? Simple – the three bands here have NOT been chosen by accident. Taking one word from each band name (with the added bonus super secret knowledge of Deastro’s real name) and what do you come up with? “Randy Rainbow Nation.” I am hoping that they’ll be handing out lapel pins with this name on it so we can boast our true Patriotism to jealous Cityfest-only attendees. Suckers.
- ► 2012 (152)
- ► 2011 (61)
- ► 2010 (100)
- Biking through the Randy Rainbow Nation
- Record Review: Deastro
- Record Review: Sonic Youth
- Music Writing: The Prime Ministers
- Wonder Twins Review: “Rock Stars’ Cars & Guitars” ...
- Shows for the week
- "A victim of a terrible accident"
- Record Review: Scott Walker 30 Century Man: Music ...
- Wonder Twins Review: GoComedy! Improv Theater in F...
- My letter to Trans World Entertainment
- ▼ June (10)