Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Metro Times writers pick the best music of 2009

Today's Metro Times features the favorite music picks by their music staff folk. D'Anne and I both pick our top 5 which can be found very near the bottom of the list due to the way the alphabet works. Eat This City also has their "Top Whatever of 2009" which I used to crab about Animal Collective and Dirty Projectors (not really...ok, kind of) but is really more worth reading for Ben Blackwell's entry.

I've obviously been reading a lot of 2009 best of lists (I can't seem to stop!), which always makes me anxious about the amount of stuff I have not heard yet. But so far, there's only a few records on my "2009 records I haven't heard yet, but due to their inclusion on one or more best of list by people who's tastes I trust, I need to check out" list. But I am sure I'll be adding more to this soon... Do you have any to add?

Matt Jones - The Black Path
Computer Perfection - We Wish You Well On Your Way To Hell
Richard Swift - The Atlantic Ocean
Screaming Females - Power Move (This post from their blog is reason enough to buy their record)
Monsters of Folk - Monsters of Folk (a record my sister-in-law called me "stupid" for not having any real interest in. So now I need to hear it just to spite her)

1 comment:

(Laura) said...

I've never been to the Trumbellplex, and the few snippets of description I've pieced together make me think it's a creepy place. But I could be completely wrong. What's your assessment?

Blog Archive