Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wonder Twins: Hamtramck Labor Day Festival

So how was your Labor Day weekend? I have to say that mine was really great. It was my first summer living in Hamtramck, which allowed me to walk to the Hamtramck Labor Day Festival each and every day. I hear Arts Beats and Eats in Pontiac was pretty cool too – but I couldn’t walk there from my house. Well, I COULD have, but according to Google Maps, it would have taken me a few minutes shy of 7 hours. Same thing with the Romeo Peach Festival. Walking there would’ve taken me approximately 10 hours. That just didn't seem like a good use of my Labor Day time. Too much work! And that would’ve negated the whole idea of the weekend, yes? So I opted for the maybe ten minute walk to the festivities in my own back yard. For a slice of the Hamtramck Labor Day fun, read our Wonder Twins column in today’s Metro Times. And if you’re the nutty drunk lady who heckled Ra Ra Riot during their set to play Polish music, you’re kind of my hero.

No comments:

Blog Archive