Single Barrel Detroit's got a brand new installment up featuring Child Bite at the Theatre Bizarre grounds. They contacted me about tagging along and writing some stuff about it - an offer I gladly accepted. I escaped the whole "city of Detroit causes Theatre Bizarre to be cancelled/moved" drama this year by virtue of not attending. By the feedback I've seen and heard so far, the last-minute-move-to-the-Filmore seems like it was pretty successful. I am glad to hear it, though it's hard to imagine this, seeing as the best part about the event is the location itself. It would be like if the Renaissance Festival were moved from the grounds in Holly to the Rock Financial Showplace. Yes, you could have the event there, but it's just wrong. At any rate, I hope that the Theatre Bizarre people start wrangling with the city of Detroit now so that everything is in proper order for next year.
Here's a video from the Single Barrel Detroit show - check out the link above for two more videos and my little write up. And if you have not heard it yet, make sure you check out Child Bite's new record The Living Breathing Organ Summer - one of the best of 2010.
- ► 2013 (21)
- ► 2012 (152)
- ► 2011 (61)
- Happy Halloween, creeps.
- Take two, same loot; make something so new
- October spawned a monster
- "We need a black pope and she better be a woman"
- 120 Minutes Weekend
- Wonder Twins: Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo Scho...
- It's not WKRP, but it's still pretty rad
- You are hot, hot, hot, hot, hot
- So tonight at the Magic Stick, this is happening....
- Zola Jesus for President. No wait - Zola Jesus for...
- ▼ October (10)
- ► 2009 (107)