Friday, October 22, 2010
October spawned a monster
While a great deal of you will be doing something Halloween related this weekend such as traipsing around Theatre Bizarre or eating free Mexican zombie burritos at the Magic Stick, I will be in Mount Clemens. Why? Because of this: The Smiths United are a Smiths/Morrissey tribute band. And I've always wanted to see a Smiths/Morrissey tribute band. The closest I've ever come is seeing Prussia as the Smiths at the first Crofoot Creepy Cheapy Halloween show. And they were fantastic - they even did "Cemetry Gates." I don't even know if this Smiths United business will be any good. But I have to go. Why "Detroit's Premier Smiths/Morrissey Tribute Show" is having their first ever gig in Mount Clemens is still a mystery to me, but considering I'm likely to make a total fool of myself at this show, I guess I'm not terribly sad it is in a city far away that I would never otherwise go to. Because then there will be no proof.
- ► 2013 (21)
- ► 2012 (152)
- ► 2011 (61)
- Happy Halloween, creeps.
- Take two, same loot; make something so new
- October spawned a monster
- "We need a black pope and she better be a woman"
- 120 Minutes Weekend
- Wonder Twins: Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo Scho...
- It's not WKRP, but it's still pretty rad
- You are hot, hot, hot, hot, hot
- So tonight at the Magic Stick, this is happening....
- Zola Jesus for President. No wait - Zola Jesus for...
- ▼ October (10)
- ► 2009 (107)