Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Maybe we're just tired of this vanilla existence

So Tim Kasher is playing the Blind Pig on Sunday, and I want to go despite the fact I hate the Blind Pig, and I didn't even know who Tim Kasher was until this past Saturday when my girlfriend played me his band The Good Life's record Album of the Year. This is also when I was informed that he is "the guy from Cursive." Now, I cannot for the life of me remember why, but years ago I decided I didn't like Cursive. Now after hearing The Good Life and Tim Kasher's brutally amazing new solo record The Game Of Monogamy, I think it is safe to say I potentially made a rush to judgment and have no choice but to launch a reinvestigation into this Cursive business. Sorry, Cursive. Sometimes I can be a bit impulsive.

In the meantime, I will keep listening to
The Game Of Monogamy on repeat, and possibly going to Ann Arbor to hang out late on a Sunday night with college kids who have no idea how much Mr. Kasher's new record is literally telling the story of their future. Also, if you and your spouse are anything like the couple in this video, please kill yourselves:

3 comments:

amp said...

Stick with me. I know good things.

kohlrabi said...

Isn't Darren Hanlon opening, too? I love him so.

(Laura) said...

Yes, Meghan, he IS opening. And I don't know him at all - but the fact you love him so, makes me even more excited to go to this show! :)

Blog Archive