Mix #3 in the "Jamie's Got A Long Drive" series. This time the theme is hands. The only thing I regret is that I didn't have a song called, "Wash Your Hands" to include. Because that's something more people should do, and more frequently. A very lazy attempt at tracking down a song by that name led me to Bill Frisell's "Will Jesus Wash The Bloodstains From Your Hands," which, for name alone I would have loved to include. (And for the record, no. No Jesus will probably not.) But seriously, wash your hands.
1. Mayer Hawthorne - Held The Hand
2. The Rosebuds - Hold Hands And Fight
3. Richard Buckner - Hand @ The Helm
4. Jolie Holland - Your Big Hands
5. Okkervil River - A Hand To Take Hold Of The Scene
6. Bodies Of Water - Here Comes My Hand
7. WHY? - These Hands
8. Victor Mourning - Taste My Hand
9. Bowerbirds - Human Hands
10. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Right Out Of Your Hand
11. Calexico - Victor Jara's Hands
12. Josh Small - $5 In Hand
13. Crooked Fingers - Boy With (100) Hands
14. Devendra Banhart - Rejoicing In The Hands
15. Cotton Mouth - Black Hand
16. Portastatic - On Our Hands
17. Tarnation - The Hand
18. Camera Obscura - Hands Up Baby
19. Swan Lake - A Hand At Dusk
20. Damien Jurado - With Lightning In Your Hands
If you have any suggestions for more mix themes, please leave them in the comments. I will attempt them! And as always, if you want a copy of this mix, let me know - we can trade!
- ► 2013 (21)
- ► 2012 (152)
- ► 2011 (61)
- This weekend: Readin' sci-fi and grillin' foodz
- Word of advice: Don't drink the 'BP Blast' at Dono...
- Wonder Twins: New Grenada @ the Majestic Cafe 7/17...
- Detroit Bands - you should REALLY consult with me ...
- This Way Up
- My Hand In Your Hands
- Show Your Support for Foreign Lands this Weekend!
- ▼ July (8)
- ► 2009 (107)