Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Hand In Your Hands

Mix #3 in the "Jamie's Got A Long Drive" series. This time the theme is hands. The only thing I regret is that I didn't have a song called, "Wash Your Hands" to include. Because that's something more people should do, and more frequently. A very lazy attempt at tracking down a song by that name led me to Bill Frisell's "Will Jesus Wash The Bloodstains From Your Hands," which, for name alone I would have loved to include. (And for the record, no. No Jesus will probably not.) But seriously, wash your hands.

My Hand In Your Hands

1. Mayer Hawthorne - Held The Hand
2. The Rosebuds - Hold Hands And Fight

3. Richard Buckner - Hand @ The Helm

4. Jolie Holland - Your Big Hands

5. Okkervil River - A Hand To Take Hold Of The Scene

6. Bodies Of Water - Here Comes My Hand

7. WHY? - These Hands

8. Victor Mourning - Taste My Hand

9. Bowerbirds - Human Hands

10. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Right Out Of Your Hand

11. Calexico - Victor Jara's Hands

12. Josh Small - $5 In Hand

13. Crooked Fingers - Boy With (100) Hands

14. Devendra Banhart - Rejoicing In The Hands

15. Cotton Mouth - Black Hand

16. Portastatic - On Our Hands

17. Tarnation - The Hand

18. Camera Obscura - Hands Up Baby

19. Swan Lake - A Hand At Dusk

20. Damien Jurado - With Lightning In Your Hands

If you have any suggestions for more mix themes, please leave them in the comments. I will attempt them! And as always, if you want a copy of this mix, let me know - we can trade!

No comments:

Blog Archive